spesek

Racing Clouds

I love all books, but I find fantasy and science fiction most enjoyable. I read whenever I can outside of school, which mostly leads to bursts of literature over breaks.

I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings
Maya Angelou
Words of Radiance
Brandon Sanderson

The Catcher in the Rye

The Catcher in the Rye - J.D. Salinger I finally picked up Catcher in the Rye after hearing about this life-changing cult-novel for years. I didn't expect to like it very much for, as best I could tell, it was about absolutely nothing besides some kid's deep inner thoughts. Yuck. The plot was exactly as I expected it be. It was about Holden Caulfield, a teenage boy in the 1940's and his struggles to find his place in the world and create an identity for himself. The part that really surprised me, however, was how much I could enjoy and relate to this book. His attitude toward his parents, his sister, and life in general remind me of my own. It is true that the plot is minimal, but I now realize that it doesn't necessarily make it a bad novel. I would recommend this book to anyone who is interested in a classic story of teenage angst.