spesek

Racing Clouds

I love all books, but I find fantasy and science fiction most enjoyable. I read whenever I can outside of school, which mostly leads to bursts of literature over breaks.

I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings
Maya Angelou
Words of Radiance
Brandon Sanderson

The House of the Scorpion

The House of the Scorpion - Nancy Farmer I loved The House of the Scorpion even more than I imagined I would, which is saying a lot. I have read The Ear, the Eye and the Arm, another book by Nancy Farmer and never loved it, so I was ever so slightly hesitant to pick this novel up. However, after hearing how much different people recommended it, I became excited and decided to read it. I finished it very quickly for such a long book, I guess because the more caught up in the plot I am, the faster I read. It's about a clone of a powerful drug lord living in a country between the United States and Mexico set aside solely for the production of opium. It tells the story of his life living as a clone, something people consider to be an animal, and his eventual escape from his home. The plot was riveting and had the perfect mixture of the unexpected and the feel of a classic adventure story. I recommend this book to absolutely everyone and anyone.